Because WHY NOT!
At the end of June I challenged myself to write a blog post every single day during my 30 Days of Realness Challenge––and I did––and I loved it.
So, I’m here today to tell you that I’m going to be blogging every day for the rest of 2018. SO PUMPED!
These past thirty days have been so much fun for me. I really fell back inlove with writing + it’s pushed me to keep going. To keep growing. To keep creating. To keep connecting. I won’t lie, not every day was easy. Over these past thirty days, I wasn’t inspired every day. Some days I didn’t feel like posting, but I pushed through. And I’m so glad that I did!
Are you excited because I’M EXCITED!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Affordable Fashion, Outfits + Styling... aka more Forever 21 finds, lol. But seriously, I love showing you chickas affordable styles from my favorite store. I’d say a solid 80% of my closet is from Forever 21. I truly believe that every girl deserves to feel beautiful, stylish + comfortable in what they wear + it doesn’t need to break the bank. So, this upcoming year you’ll find tons of Forever 21 finds and other steals/deals from affordable fashion stores. Ya know, just an avid clearance rack shopper over here.
- Girl Empowerment… because that’s what the City of Sisterly Love is all about. Girls building each other up + creating space that allows a seat for all of us. There’s enough room, trust me. My mission is to create an open, uplifting + positive space for girls of all walks of life. A place where we can come together + feel inspired, supported + heard. Growing up can be lonely. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Self Talk: Positivity + Realness… It’s been my goal + absolute priority since day one to keep it as real, honest + vulnerable as I possibly can. I genuinely believe that by lifting others up around us, we inherently lift ourselves up. Doesn’t it just feel good to make other people feel good? The answer is: yes, it does. It makes you sleep better at night. It makes you wake up easier knowing that you’ve got people out there who are looking for a little sparkle of positivity! I want to be that for all of you. I want to lift you up + keep it real, always.
- Self Care: Hacks + Tips… Because self care is the best kind of care. Who doesn’t love a good pink himalayan salt + lemon beauty water after rolling their face with a microneedler + applying an amazonian clay mud mask? I know that it’s not just me, LOL! So, you can expect some more self care tips: everything from skin to beauty water to essential oils to the latest songs that get me pumped up + in a good mood. Again, self care is the best care… you’ve gotta enjoy yourself!
- Billy + Philly… Yes, that rhymed! I want to continue showing you guys more of m life outside of fashion + styling. Billy is one of the most important people in my life. His support + encouragement are a huge reason that I started this blog in the first place. He’s taught me so much about life, business + mindset that I know you can all benefit from as well. I want to interview him + have him take over the City of Sisterly Love every now and then giving his best business + mindset tips. Wouldn’t that be fun? But aside from that, I’m going to continue to showcase our life here in Philly – a city that we love so much.
I’m so excited to embark on this journey. It’s been such a fun experience + has brought me even closer to you all. I’m forever grateful to have met you, connected with you + that you’ve allowed me into your lives!
I love you all,