Ahh, the teenage years + angst. Weren’t they fun, guys?
Total creds to my girlfriend on Insta, @jenahu, for this blog post idea! She posted today about what she would tell herself if she could go back in time. Cutest blog post idea.
So, today’s post (inspired by Jen) is going to be the things that I wish I could tell 18 year old self.
- Don’t Lose Yourself Trying To Be Someone Else… E V E R. Don’t spend your time changing your looks, personality or interests just to fit in and be “normal“. Embrace yourself. Embrace your essence. Embrace your uniqueness. Be more of you because that’s what stands out. You are perfect just as you are. Your only goal is to be better than the person that you were yesterday, last month, or last year. Be okay with you.
- Learn To Let Go + Move On… From people, situations + things that don’t serve you. Please just learn to let go and not be afraid of the unknown. Don’t get so hung up on things that may seem like the “end of the world” right now. Because, they’re not. Trust me. There are so many amazing moments and people ahead. Let go and trust in what’s to come.
- People Will Come + Go, But It’s For A Specific Reason… Not everyone that you meet will stay in your life forever. Some for a moment, some for a season and some for a lifetime. Cherish every single one of them. They all were put on your path to teach you a lesson, grow you, shape you + mold you.
- Follow Your Instincts… You’ve been blessed with a strong intuition. Go with your gut. Listen to yourself more. Listen to your body more. If a situation, choice, decision or person doesn’t feel right… It probably isn’t.
- Take More Risks + START… Don’t be so afraid of what others may say or think. Take more leaps of faith. Step outside of your comfort zone. Start that YouTube channel that you’ve been dying to do. Screw what people may think of you. Follow your passions and have confidence in them.
This was so fun to reflect on + “teach myself” the lessons that I’ve learned so far. Looking back on all of the things that I used to worry about makes me realize how far I’ve come. Growth takes time. It’s a lifelong journey – I don’t think I’ll ever be done growing up.
What’s one thing that you would tell yourself if you could go back in time.